[LMB] hi-q haiku OT:

Alexandra Haropulos aharo at erols.com
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:13:08 -0500

Pouncer at aol.com wrote:

> "more troubling is the cluelessness of the men who run Japan  ... They
> have never been interested in why Japanese women shun marriage and motherhood;
> in fact, when Japanese women point out the difficulties they face, men
> dismiss their
> complaints as a twittering of birds, unworthy of male attention "

I gave a presentation at a meeting in Tokyo where there were
15 male software engineers and one female. The secretary
twittered egregiously (although everything she was assigned
was done quickly and efficiently). The female engineer did
not. That was a tough cookie.

Japan is in for a bad news wakeup call, which I gather has
already gotten under way.

BTW, I regularly read http://home.kyodo.co.jp/ and
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/index.html. Anyone else have other
suggestions?