[LMB] Post Thanksgiving Quiz (WAS:- Ivan as Dread ChiefofImpSec)

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:30:57 -0600

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 06:24:58PM +0900, David Bernat wrote:
> "Rowena" <morgaine at zonnet.nl> wrote:
>
> >ha, now I am confused. I have to admit having read neither Eric
> >Flint's books nor James Schmitz (drat, hate to be dependant on a
> >library!!).  At Baen's website you see the cover of the collected
> >stories volume, on the cover it does indeed mention James Schmitz
> >so I first thought he was the author, but when I scrolled down his
> >name was not mentioned, and there was this: 'other books by Eric
> >Flint published by Baen-thing' so I assumed the author was Flint and
> >James Schmitz was part of the title.
>
> Further details on the story I'm thinking of.
>
> The plot involves two Agents of Vega working together
> to draw the crazed telepathic ruler of a world out
> from hiding.

You're thinking of the short story "The Illusionists".

James' was "The Truth about Cushgar", and Agent of Vega was the other
title of the agent in question.

They are both stories in James Schmitz' Agent of Vega Universe,
collected in at least two different anthologies - the recent one from
Baen, edited by Eric Flint, and an older one that I have a copy of
somewhere.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org