[LMB] OT: Agent of Vega [Post Thanksgiving Quiz]

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:59:50 -0600

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 03:03:42PM -0800, Mitch Miller wrote:
> <snip>
> Eric Flint did a controversial set of editions of Schmitz work,
> editing out smoking references in various places, and doing surgery
> more substantial on certain stories of Schmitz'.
> <snip>

Well, from what I saw the controversy was more over some of the edits
to the Hub stories than anything else.  I'm not certain the edits were
totally unreasonable - there was unedited source available available
in Webscriptions.  Eric claims - and I will agree - that James did not
have an overarching story-line for the Hub stories, and that there
were a couple of places where he wrote himself into a corner and
couldn't write himself out of it.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org