[LMB] Re: Ekaterin

bec at lost.nu bec at lost.nu
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:43:12 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Peter H. Granzeau" <pgranzeau at cox.net>

> Ekaterin's growth is only mentioned in passing in the last book, in the
> part while Miles is unconscious and she manages to get him to Cetaganda.

I found the ending of DI very rushed. I felt that Ekaterin's growth was
one of the strongest parts of that story, in term of finishing the arc
started in Komarr and ACC, and yet it is only mentioned in passing.

My fascination with Ekaterin as a character is seeing different aspects of
her as a person, both good and bad, and the reasons behind the struggles
and decisions that she makes. This is also why I like Miles, for all his
good and bad points, because I got to 'know' him as more than a one
dimensional 'good' side.

This is my first list post, after discovering the list. :-)

Bec