[LMB] Re: Ivan, the dread Chef

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham a.abraham at mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 04:32:39 -0600

On Nov 29, 2003, at 10:14 PM, CatMtn at aol.com wrote:

> Ginnilee writes:
> Exactly. There are just some people I just don't trust in the kitchen,
> and Ivan's one of 'em.

Oh, I'd trust Ivan just fine.  I'd trust him to nab at least a half
dozen desserts in the midst of his terribly flattering and probably
flirtatious conversation with every woman in that room, before
returning in 45 minutes or so.  Well, for big values of so.

> M replies:
>
> But I'll bet he'd be a great bartender.  You know, "Candy is dandy, But
> Liquor is quicker."

That would be bad.  Because then I'd miss his participation in the
traditional Vor crawling races.  And I think he'd be good at them (till
middle age strikes) and want him in the races to place my money on.

Or would it be considered bad manners to place bets and act like Eliza
Doolittle did at the races in My Fair Lady?

Andrew