[LMB] Finding out the Hugo Votes for Lois

Asa Swain asa_swain at yahoo.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
    I just joined the list a few days ago, and I am
amazed by the amount of mail coming into my inbox. I
wouldn't complain, except that 90% has been off-topic.
I'm not a moderator, but when an off-topic discussion
starts going hot, perhaps people can take it off the
mailing list?

   I'm not sure if this question is considered
off-topic, I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, so
feel free to respond off the list to
asa_swain at yahoo.com.

  I was very impressed with Lois's Hugo win this year;
I had thought Ilium would win. So I'm curious now
about the ballot numbers. I know we use instant
run-off voting, and I heard that each con is supposed
to release the voting numbers afterwards. Going back
through old websites, I've found the ballot numbers
for 2003, 2002, 2000, and suprisingly 1996 (the first
con to have a website).

 So does anyone know who I should contact to try to
get the voting results for 1991, 1992, and 1995? I'm
curious to see by what margin Lois won the Hugo's that
year.

Technically it would be cool to have the nominations
and ballot info online for all years, I can't be the
only person interested in reading which other  books
were nominated in 1990, or what thje 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
and 5th place winner were for Best Dramatic
Presentation in 1997.

Thanks,

-Asa