[LMB] OT: Practice safe computing

Don Iain of Rannoch Don_Iain at verizon.net
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:12:55 -0400

K Kuhn wrote:

> Don Iain of Rannoch wrote:
>
> > That's why I still use my old Netscape 4.5. All the
> > new stuff hits it and it does a Scoobie "Huuhh?"
>
> You ought to see what happens in Netscape 3.0!  Although 'tis a pity
> that even if no one is writing viruses for Netscape 3.0 on a Mac
> anymore,  it also means that website designers don't worry about whether
> their bells and whistles will crash a computer running it.

That's why I keep the Java turned off, it usually doesn't crash,
just doesn't show anything, then if I want to see it, I copy and
paste the URL to MS Exploder.

Right now its time to wish Ivan away, I had enough with Francis
going through my county last weekend.
--
Don Iain of Rannoch, OWST
Husband to Lady Elizabeth of Cranstone