[LMB] Argo [OT:] (was FenCon Report)

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:48:24 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Padget, Scott R" <scott.r.padget at boeing.com>

> Paula takes advantage of my "Argo envy" to taunt:
> > You should have come to Noreascon, Pilot.
> <snip details of proposed retro-itinerary>
>
> Well, I suppose I could've at that.  But I didn't (partly due to custody
> stuff that would have been a huge headache to deal with), and as it turns
> out that's just as well.  I was *sick* that weekend.  I'd hate to think

But would you have necessarily been sick if not where you actually were,
since people often get to Worldcon -before- Thursday?

> how miserable it would've been to feel like that, while traveling, *and*
> while trying to deal with the physical stresses of a major con to boot.

You're supposed to be Responsible Enough to get food and sleep
and -bathe-....  [the last is an unfortunate frequent issue about various
congoers]

> Not to mention that anyone who went home with any sort of Con Crud
> would have blamed *me*.  And some of 'em might even have been justified.

Con Crud after a Worldcon is a tradition....   I didn't really get sick,
though I did spend a lot of time catching up on sleep.

> Pilot Padget--who will undoubtedly end up at another con with Paula at
> *some* time, and thinks filking sounds way more fun than f2f Gender
> Warrioring

You -are- aware that I can hit double-high F??? and double high C -LOUDLY-
enough to drive Lee Gold out of a room?!