[LMB] Re: Skullsplitters, and Series and Libraries (Oh my. Also, OT:)

Kirsten Edwards carbonelle at juno.com
Thu Jun 1 20:49:00 BST 2006

N.D. Rosen mentioned he'd found a a-poetical
skullsplitter (a brown ale) at a local grocery
store, but eschewed it, as it had a skull-
splitting alcoholic level.

As an afficianado of good single-malts, a mere
shmear 8.5% is no bar to me, and (as a fellow
Jokol-admirer, it caught my eye as well) I
can say it is a quite tasty brew.

To change the subject: There is another reason
why a library might have, say only one copy
of Series No. 2 and multiple copies of other
volumes: Patrons are careless and books go out
of print. That is, after purchases X copies of
each series title (perhaps, even a few more of
the later volumes as it grew more popular) the
original volumes went O.P./O.S.I. The number
thereof, is therefore entirely dependent on
patron kindess to same, when they check it out.

Kirsten
"Infantem dormientem non movere"