[LMB] OT: eclectic mix.

Patricia A. Swan zafaran at sff.net
Thu Jun 1 23:59:46 BST 2006

At 09:55 AM 5/28/2006, Countryboy wrote:

>Countryboy - who finally turned on the air conditioning last night.

{snicker} And I've just barely come out of wool and
fleece.  I've got windows open and I'm beginning to get enough
heat pulling though the house that the bone-chilling cold of the
thermal mass of the house is finally getting the edge knocked
off.  I managed to get the last of last year's fuel oil, and
this years emergency oil from Social Services to eak out until
the worst of the cold weather was gone, but that's only using it
once a day to knock the overnight chill off on the worst days,
and not at all on better days, and relying on the heaters in the
one room I heat the rest of the time.  Needless to say, for most
of the last six months, the bulk of the house was brutally cold,
and even in the room with heat I was buried in wool and fleece
so I didn't use un-Ghodly amounts of electricity like I
accidently did one month last year.

Pat in North Carolina

--
* Patricia A. Swan  zafaran at sff.net  zafaran at fastmail.fm *
* AIM:  zafaran                 yahoo: zafaranswan       *