[LMB] Anniversary month

Margaret Dean margdean at erols.com
Sat Jun 3 15:54:46 BST 2006

Phil Boswell wrote:

> On 02/06/06, Michael R N Dolbear <m.dolbear at lineone.net> wrote:
> > And professional novelistship, since "Barter" was published in Twilight
> > Zone Magazine for March/April 1985 and "Aftermaths" in Spring 1986.
>
> Unashamed to demonstrate my almost legendary ignorance, I'm wondering:
> what was "Barter"?

Short story, doesn't take place in the Vorkosiverse, available in
the DREAMWEAVER'S DILEMMA collection from NESFA Press.  Very
funny IMHO, and has the unusual distinction (IIRC) of being the
only LMB story to feature an actual nonhuman alien.  I don't
think that's too much of a spoiler!  :)

> "Aftermaths" I recognise, that's also appeared as the epilogue to
> "Barrayar", right?

Was that "Barrayar" or "Shards"?  Too lazy to go check.

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean at erols.com>