[LMB] Historical context of HH for Wikipedia

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:07:49 BST 2006

On 6/5/06, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask a favour.
>
> I have been asked to provide a source for my contention in our article
> at Wikipedia that HH occurs "some centuries earlier" than CC and PS.
> The question was asked here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Phil_Boswell#The_Hallowed_Hunt

Hmm. All I can think of is that 1. HH is earlier than CoC, because
Ijada & Hallana talk about "Chalion" and not "Chalion-Ibra"
2. It is not too close temporally, because a) the Wealds are supposed
to be close to Chalion (a common border?) and b) there seem to be a
eligible bachelors (Biast, for one) around there, but Iselle never
mentions them when she is looking for a possible husband in CoC (which
may be a contrived argument... but that doesn't mean it's not true,
does it?).
The result of the two may be less than "some centuries" earlier, but I
would make it "quite a bit earlier", and not sure that "some
centuries" will be necessarily wrong.
(Iselle not mentioning anybody eligible could also mean that so much
time has passed that the Wealds are called another way or are even not
a separate country anymore, which would definitely imply centuries.)

I hope this helps a bit, just for temporal oreintation:
Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.