[LMB] HH pb sighting

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Jun 6 03:35:08 BST 2006

Here in Ottawa this afternoon, as I was buying _Black Powder War_, the
third in Naomi Novik's excellent dragons/Napoleonic Wars series.

I finally got to read the first chapter of _The Sharing Knife_, at the end
of the HH pb: a fairly slow start, but certainly lots of questions are
raised, action is foreshadowed to occur fairly quickly, and the characters
definitely look worth further acquaintance. Doesn't grab you by the
throat, though (maybe it's just J-school training that makes me tend to
expect this: it's certainly not a requirement.)

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Better a fallen rocket than never a burst of light." -- Tom Stoppard, "The Invention of Love"