[LMB] SK first chapter

Sessions, Jennifer Robin SESSIOJR at uwec.edu
Tue Jun 6 16:23:32 BST 2006

--
Alayne McGregor

>***Hm, well.  If they'd thought to ask me (it was a surprise, if a
>pleasant one, that the teaser chapter got included at the back of HH),
>I'd have suggested they include the first scene of Ch. 2, which would
>have assured the action addicts that it's not that slow an opening,
>really.  (Live-reading veterans can tell us if this is so or not.)

I was just at Wiscon (during which I caught Patricia Wrede's cold, not sure whether to be excited about where these germs have been or slightly miserable 'cause it is a cold), where Lois did do a reading that included the first chapter and I'm pretty sure a bit more, because the book really did well on picking up with action. I don't really know the main characters yet, but already I'm rather on tenterhooks to see if they are all right. I can't can't wait till Sharing Knife comes out.

Jenny Sessions
"I'm going to be a fireman when the floods roll back. There are trees in the desert since you left, and I don't sleep on a bed of bones."