[LMB] Bookman Bookshelves: OT: but very cool

Louann Miller louann at millerdome.com
Wed Jun 7 00:31:20 BST 2006

At 12:42 PM 6/6/2006 -0400, Marna Nightingale wrote:
>Blast. I don't have time to tell it properly, you'll have to take the bare
>bones. So to speak. But basically it's a "punctuation counts/I'm sorry,
>I'll read that again" joke.

Reminds me of an exchange heard on rec.arts.sf.written in a debate over the
serial comma. (The second one in a list "A, B, and C" which some people*
feel can appropriately be dropped.)

Poster 1: Imagine someone making an Academy Award acceptance speech saying
"I'd like to thank my parents, God and Ayn Rand."

Poster 2: Sounds perfectly fine to me. (signed) Jesus Rand.

Louann "I wish I'd said that" Miller

*not me