[LMB] Memorial Chair for Her Ladyship?

Michael Bauminger lmblist at mikebomb.com
Thu Jun 8 07:11:31 BST 2006

On Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:50 PM, CatMtn at aol.com
<CatMtn at aol.com> wrote:

<paraphrase> Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org wrote:

Quoting  from LJ -
http://community.livejournal.com/lmbujold/77816.html

The Minneapolis Public Library is raising money by
selling the naming rights to chairs in the new
Central Library auditorium. See
http://www.wilbers.com/MinnesotaAuthorsCampaign.htm

Lois McMaster Bujold's chair has not been funded.
</paraphrase>

> M:
>
> The next question is, who is going to be in charge of
> collecting and contributing the money? I don't know
> about the rest of you, but since the minimum
> donation is $500, which is a bit steep, it would be
> nice if this list could contribute as a group. What do
> the rest of  you think?

I do not want to be in charge of collecting the money, but I
think we should be able to scare up fifty $10.00 pledges
from this group. I for one do not need my name individually
on the list of donors (they want groups to try to get
minimum contributions of $50.00 so that no individual chair
need have more than 10 names on it) and would be happy to be
part of a chair funded by "The Lois McMaster Bujold Listies"
or some such name.

If we can get fifty such pledges here, and if someone will
agree to act as treasurer, just let me know where to send
the check!

-- Michael