[LMB] A new Galactech product! (Um, on second thought, maybe not...)

David McMillan skyefire at skyefire.org
Thu Jun 8 15:17:39 BST 2006

D Echelbarger wrote:
> I mentioned:
>
>>> "BRAND NEW KITTY UPHOLSTERY WEIGHT FABRIC"
>>>
>>> And I thought, "They're using cat-blankets for upholstery?"
>

> Meg said:
>
>> Doesn't it bleed when you sew it?
>

> Well, you only have to sew it if you don't have the ability to grow it
> the right shape to start with. Which, obviously, Galactech would.
>
> Slipcovers that purr and snuggle up to you, anyone? *EG*

	Oh, now you've made me *remember.*  There's a very cheesy (deliberately
so) music vidoe by a band called "The Darkness" from about 2003/4,
titled (IIRC) "I Believe In A Thing Called Love".  Early in it, the lead
singer hops out of a bathtub and walks up to this... scultpture-ish
thing, that looks like a Warner Brothers cactus carpeted in shaggy felt,
which immediately wraps its several arm/branches around him and begins
drying him off.
	(okay, I *assume* it's drying him off -- I don't want to consider the
alternatives).

	Then there's a later scenes where the band's spaceship is being
attacked by a giant Space Squid and they have to fight it off with
lighting-throwing guitars (talk about electric riffs!)....