[LMB] Commemorative Chair - managing the drive

Michael Bauminger lmblist at mikebomb.com
Fri Jun 9 16:47:33 BST 2006

Is anyone on the list actually taking charge of keeping
track of the pledges, money, etc? There have been pledges
coming in onlist in several different threads, including
some in the Party thread, and I for one have no idea of
where we stand. Does anyone?

This sort of pledge drive will not manage itself, at least,
not on an email list.[1] I know I proposed it, but I simply
do not have the resources (read: time) to be the one to
manage it. Heck, I do not have the resources to keep up with
this list most of the time, much less post to it. (I have
more than 45000 unread messages from this list, stretching
back to the year 2002. I keep them and will read them when I
get a round tuit.[2])

Is there anyone willing to step up and manage this thing?

-- Michael

[1] There should actually be a way to do this with other
free online tools, such as web - based collaboration, but I
do not really know.

[2] See:
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=%22a+round+tuit%22