[LMB] [LMB} New Dick Francis - Under Orders OT:

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Mon Jun 12 15:37:31 BST 2006

At 06:48 PM 6/11/2006, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

>Under Orders By Dick Francis
>Sept  '06 Michael Joseph in UK, Puttnams in US
>
>http://www.askews.co.uk/site/focuson/news_story.asp?storyid=259
>
>The starter's pistol isn't the only gunshot heard at Cheltenham on Gold Cup
>Day...
>Under Orders will be his 39th novel  ==

I had lost track of Francis; at one point, I was faithfully reading
his novels (even though they did seem to follow a kind of formula;
for instance, the protagonist always underwent a severe beating,
usually to warn him off further investigation of something.

I noted a while ago that his spouse had died; and there was
speculation at that point that she had actually done the writing.  Is
this the first novel he has written since then?

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net