[LMB] Chair for Lois

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Mon Jun 12 21:04:40 BST 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 12:46:07PM -0500, Sherry German wrote:

> I can provide some limited degree of coordination.  I don't have a
> PayPal account but anyone wishing to donate may contact me off list.
> I can give payment instructions.  Funds will be deposited into my
> Escrow account.  All funds collection either before or after the due
> date will be forwarded to the Library.

> I will need someone to provide me with the contact information of
> the Library or to do a check presentation ( picture for this List
> would be great).

I'll check that for you - the money actually goes to the Friends of
the Library.  I'm not certain they're taking in-person funds.

> I will also need the absolute due date.  I can provide a short
> report of funds rec'd, fund expended to the List.

The absolute due date is 'whenever the last chair goes'.  IIRC,
they've currently got 76 available chairs, and 65 authors with partial
pledges.  I don't know what they'll do when they get to the point
where the number of authors with partial pledges equals the number of
available chairs.  Since Her Ladyship does _not_ have any pledges so
far, to be absolutely certain we need to get in before the 11
unspoken-for chairs are gone.

They are no longer collecting partial pledges - $500 for a new author,
or balance for an author with existing pledges, is the rule.

> I noted that there were several persons who stated intent to make-up
> any shortfall, those persons will need to contact me off list as
> well in order to coordinate date and amount of any shortfall.  I
> have observed the number of pledges and feel there will probably not
> be any shortfall but best to be prepared.  Any funds rec'd will be
> forwarded to the Library, no refunds will be made.  Excess to need
> donations, will be donated to the Library.  All funds rec'd must be
> in US currency or it's equivalent.  Personal checks require 10 days
> clearance time.  No Cash.  Cashier's checks or Money orders
> preferred as they have no clearance time.  I will provide interim
> status updates as time allows.  Again, contact me off list.

I'll help with local (i.e., Twin Cities, Minneapolis) legwork!

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org