[LMB] [LMB} New Dick Francis - Under Orders OT:

Rachel Ganz rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 19:07:25 BST 2006

 > I noted a while ago that his spouse had died; and there
 > was speculation at that point that she had actually done
 > the writing.  Is this the first novel he has written
 > since then?

 It is his first book since her death. She was acknowledged
 as his writing partner in many ways, helping him with the
 editing and research, as well as sometimes even a co-author.
 He also said that he would not write any more without her,
 but he says now that his family changed his mind.

I think it's not nearly as good as his other books - but I felt the writing decayed noticeably over the last few books anyway

Rachel

Brevity, clarity and cups of tea