[LMB] Lois chair

Michael Bauminger lmblist at mikebomb.com
Thu Jun 22 07:12:13 BST 2006

On Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:57 PM, Cally Perry
<cally.perry at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/21/06, Ibis <ibarhis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now it is all happening, could you please repost your
> > paypal details.>
>
> Sure:
>          cally at mail.com

When I began to send money to that address, PayPal noted
that it is a Premier Account. Those thieves at PayPal assess
a transaction fee even on the non-business transactions of
Premier Accounts, so each contribution sent to you needs to
be $10.61 for you to receive $10.00.[1]

A first class stamp adds only $0.39 to the cost of sending a
check to Sherry.

Is there anyone with a Personal Account that would be
willing to do the PayPal thing? Personal Accounts cannot
take payments funded by a credit card, but they have no
transaction fees. I am in the midst of a Real Life (TM)
crisis right now, or I would volunteer myself. Because of my
crisis, I do not want to add any responsibilities to my life
just now.

If you feel like volunteering, please do so soon. My
personal feeling is that if no one volunteers by the
weekend, I will mail a check next week.

-- Michael

[1] Transaction fee calculation:

The transaction fee for this size transaction is 2.9% +
$0.30.

2.9% of $10.61 is $0.31 when rounded. $10.61 - 0.31 - 0.30 =
$10.00.