[LMB] Re: Fauna of Kyril Island

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:16:51 BST 2006

"Eileen McConnell" <phoenixargent at gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://www3.sympatico.ca/jpolowin/humour/vortalds.htm
> >:-)
>
>I think the most impressive part, for me, is that the creator actually took
>the trouble to alter the vegetation to an appropriately Barrayaran tone!

"Merely corroborative detail, lending artistic verisimilitude to an
otherwise
bald and unconvincing narrative." - Pooh Bah in _The Mikado_.  The
little details are important.  I was impressed by that detail of the Czech
cover for ACC (though at the moment I'm predisposed to notice it, of
course) -- that the trees were weird-looking and *red*.

Joel