[LMB] Barrayaran names (was Minorities In Europe (And On Barrayar...?)

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 07:35:04 BST 2006

On 5/2/06, Dan Tilque <dtilque at nwlink.com> wrote:

> Vorgustafson, as has been pointed out by others, is Scandinavian. But
> "Vann" is the guy's first name, not a Dutch patronymic.

Oh. My error - I thought it was patronymic. As none of the other auditors
are introduced by first name ("Lord Vorhovis", "Dr. Vorthys", "Lord Vann
Vorgustafson", and "Admiral Vorkalloner") - it didn't make sense to me that
he was an exception. You may be right, though. I think the patronymic was
Van, not Vann...
Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.