[LMB] List as research assistant

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 06:04:51 BST 2008

>>>>>>>]
In a message dated 6/3/2008 4:10:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dalibor.grgelec at zg.t-com.hr writes:

> [...]
How about name for the planet "Haroko"?
Or city by the name  "Comendesey" (When spoken the word comendesey if I am
not wrong, means on  Japanese language, I am Sorry). Hope it will help!  By

I've heard (in an old movie) the same phrase rendered "Go, men, aside,"  with
its answer "Don't touch my moustache."

Mary

Revenge of the Japanese: "Mayonnaise Hiroshi." hurkle-hurkle (sound of goofy laughing). Japanese school kids think this sounds JUST like "My name is Hiroshi." Since I'm trying to teach them how to *really* say "My name is," it is a current bane of my existence.
Although, I'm not totally opposed to language shift. I can't remember which old tyme SF guy loved to shift the names of towns - Sprague de Camp? I used to love that kind of theorizing. Been a long time since I read whoever it was.
Oh well, all in the fun of being a research assistant for five minutes! Do you need some more names, Lois? How much detail do you want with them (if you want them)? Dork factor, literal translation, era?
Micki