[LMB] AKICOTL: fitness question

Richard Suitor rsuitor at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:33:27 BST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com> wrote:
> But I wondered what was generally thought to be the best procedure - ignore stiff muscles and carry one, or give myself a day off for recovery? (I'd rather not!)

My experience as I got older was that sore muscles could be reasonably
gently warmed up and, if they quieted down, largely ignored.

Sore tendons and ligaments recover less quickly and ignoring their
complaints could wind up putting one off-line for some time.  Doing
things to encourage circulation in the area would pacify them more
quickly.  These also sometimes quieted down with warm-up - but taking
that for permission to proceed at normal throttle was usually a
mistake.

Bottom line:  listen to tendons and ligaments. Muscles can be sweet-talked.

Best wishes!
Richard