[LMB] OT: Internet Troubles

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Sat May 5 07:23:47 BST 2012

On 5/4/2012 9:30 PM, Nicholas D. Rosen wrote:
> Hello, Listsibs.
>
> Since there hasn't been much traffic lately, I might as well chip in.
> Some people on the list read my weblog, http://ndrosen.livejournal.com
> I haven't posted these last few days; Internet Explorer has been making
> trouble for me.  I can't get onto a website, or I connect to start, but
> then get an error message.
>
> This evening, I installed Firefox, which has been recommended to me,
> and it doesn't seem to be as unstable, but I'm still having problems;
> I can get to some sites easily enough, but not to others; when I try to
> get to LiveJournal, things take forever.  Maybe it's a problem with their
> servers, but it could also be with my Internet connection.  Believe it or
> not, I still have dial-up.
>
> So I haven't died, just because I haven't posted lately.
>
> Regards,
> Nicholas D. Rosen

I have been having a terrible time lately.  Shift-F5 helps sometimes.
It was a sudden change--overnight.  No browser or OS is immune.  I am
unsure what's going on, but it's not a change for the better.  I
currently am having to use Verizon cellular wireless 3G for internet;
what are you using for your connection?

Mark