[LMB] Paladin discussion questions?

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 21:43:00 BST 2012

Some friends and I are starting a small book club, mostly as an excuse for us to get together now that the class we had together is over, and we're all going our separate ways.

Since we're all women of a Certain Age, and all of us are hopefully starting a new profession and new jobs, I've suggested Paladin of Souls as our first book.  One of the other women and I have already read it, and the others are up for it.

Can any one suggest a couple of good questions I can ask the group to get our conversation started? the only ones I can think of are the obvious ones: how do we identify with Ista? Which of the Five Gods do you think is your God? (I'm going with the Dratsab for myself, because there are so many things "out of season" in my life - I even came to motherhood about the time Ista was having her children move away from her, so I'm even doing motherhood out of season.)

thanks!

-becca

"Grant us, in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding."

Paladin of Souls (HB page 35), Lois McMaster Bujold