[LMB] Paladin discussion questions?

Stacey Hill stacey at xtra.co.nz
Sun May 6 23:24:40 BST 2012

From: Becca <becca_price at yahoo.com>

*snip*

Some friends and I are starting a small book club, mostly as an excuse for us to get together now that the class we had together is over, and we're all going our separate ways.

Since we're all women of a Certain Age, and all of us are hopefully starting a new profession and new jobs, I've suggested Paladin of Souls as our first book.  One of the other women and I have already read it, and the others are up for it.

Can any one suggest a couple of good questions I can ask the group to get our conversation started?*snip*

I have seen these bookclub questions in the back of a few pbks I have read over the last few years, and it puzzles me.  Why do you need inane prompted questions (and trust me some of these were DIRE) to start a discussion?

Surely its about what you liked and didnt like in the book?  Personally this need to dissect every tiny bit out of book completely destroys my enjoyment of it, its about sensawunder and characters and plot and pacing.

I understand the need to get conversation started, what about getting each person to read a sentence or paragraph they particularly liked, and explain why?

Stacey