[LMB] Paladin discussion questions?

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 16:22:00 BST 2012

I thought about CoC first, but since we'll be  voting on the various books, it didn't seem fair for me to have my choice two books in a row.  The friend of mine who read Paladin read it first, and then asked to read CoC - she didn't seem confused.  (of course, she then went on to read Hallowed Hunt, which did confuse her - it confused *me* the first time I read it.)

As I said, I thought about Paladin because Ista's arc seems very like the arc that so many of us are on as individuals - going back to school in our 50s and 60s, looking at starting whole new professions, looking at life post-motherhood or post-wifehood.  It's nice to find a model that there can be life of our own determining once we're done with what society expects of us.

but thank you all for all the wonderful questions - I'll have a lot to think about for myself, and a lot to spark conversation if "what part did you like best" falls flat.

-becca

"Grant us, in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding."

Paladin of Souls (HB page 35), Lois McMaster Bujold