[LMB] Paladin discussion questions

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Tue May 8 15:00:12 BST 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 2:58 PM, John Lennard wrote:

> Which is all very well, but Liss is only 18, has no real opportunity to say
> 'no', and is fairly summarily yanked out of her chosen life and into
> something very different. I think I might have some rather less
> complimentary things to say about Ista at that point, were I in Liss's
> shoes. How about you?

Well she's all ready in the royal service, and going on a mild pilgrimage would be thought to be safer than riding the mail, particularly for a young woman, and anyone in Liss's position with the least ambition would jump at the chance to be associated with the royal family.

It was supposed to be a walk in the park.

With the way women read each other, I'm sure Liss could have gotten out, or been returned to her former duty.
--
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. --> HL Mencken