[LMB] AKICOT:L reducing glare on a netbook screen

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Wed May 9 02:50:06 BST 2012

FYI the default standard these days seems to be for the very shiny screen
type, on notebooks, tablets and sadly monitors, which is a PITA because of
the reflection issue.

For those who have an issue with it pay close attention when buying such
devices. The easiest fix is to put a screen protector over it, but the only
ones that are readily available are for iProduct and a very few of the the
bigger tablet suppliers might have options in the US.

Stacey

It has been suggested to me offlist that a simpler solution for outdoors
might just be to create some kind of a boxlike thing to go over the top and
sides of the screen when I need to use it outdoors.  I may try that first,
and if it's not too much of a PITN to use, just go that route.

Megaera
who suspects it'll look silly, but isn't all that concerned about
appearances