[LMB] AKICOT:L reducing glare on a netbook screen

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Wed May 9 18:26:53 BST 2012

Ed:
> if outdoor work is critical for you, it may be necessary to sell this
> netbook even if you take a loss and shop very diligently for one that will
> meet your needs, TESTING it before you buy.

You know, Ed, I'm beginning to wonder if I need to preface any computer
question I ask here with "I cannot afford to replace the whole
machine/OS/etc., but" <g>  But I do thank you for the advice.  And the links
in your other post.  I'll check them out.

That's my main problem with buying anything online, actually.  Yes, things
can be returned, but not everything, and not without an extra investment of
time and money.

And thanks to everyone for all of the other advice, too.  I've got several
options to try now.

Megaera
who bought the current machine online because nothing in local stores
suited -- so trying it out ahead of time was not possible