[LMB] Paladin discussion questions no. 2

Nancy L. Barber nlbarber at mac.com
Thu May 10 01:38:08 BST 2012

At 1:14 PM -0400 5/9/12, Walter Bushell wrote:

>By the way, what is the difference between a dedicat and a lay dedicat.

Why, I believe I put that in the Chalion Dictionary
(http://www.dendarii.com/dict-chalion.html):

dedicat	DED-ih-caat	A member of a religious order, one who has
made a higher level of commitment than a lay dedicat on the order of
making their service to their god into a lifetime profession.
Dedicats are better educated than lay dedicats. Dedicat is the first
stage of the process of becoming a divine. (or the version from
Paladin of Souls: The lowest or beginning level of members of a holy
order. Dedicats have made a higher level of commitment than lay
dedicats.)

lay dedicat	 	A person who has made a commitment to one of
the gods. Lay dedicats may serve in the military orders as
soldier-brothers, or may perform various non-military functions in
the service of their god.  (PoS version: A lay person who has pledged
him/herself to a particular task on the behalf of a holy order, but
has not entered in to the full disciplines and training of that
order. Lay dedicats may serve in the military orders as
soldier-brothers, or may perform various non-military functions in
the service of their god.)

I need to get that PoS dictionary on the Web--Lois gave it a good
edit before it went off to be included in the ebook...

   Nancy