[LMB] Paladin discussion questions no 2

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:25:53 BST 2012

On 5/9/2012 6:10 PM, Nick Pilon wrote:
>   we got a glimpse of the far south, where the same gods are worshiped
> with yet another different set of traditions. (And grant yet another
> different set of mysterious powers)
I am particularly fond of Jokul and Fafa, very reminiscent of Farfahd
and Grey Mouser type fictional norsemen interfacing with non-norse city
dweller. [Can't remember offhand if Farfahd had a pet or just hung out
adventuring with Grey Mouser]

I actually named my new Lore-Keeper Jokul, and his main fighting pet is
an ice bear named Fafa. I have found a few German Bujold fans on my
server as I get whispers from them commenting on the name combo [his
spirit raven is named Cazaril]

I will say that I am hopeful for a 5godsverse book set in the deep
south, I think an exploration of the different culture would be
interesting. In a harsh land like the arctic the margins are very thin
and there is less margin of error so propitiating the Dratsab could be
very important. Sort of like propitiating Lady Luck to sort of try and
drift events the way one hopes they will go instead of waiting to see if
they go your way and then thanking the diety of choice.