[LMB] Paladin discussion questions?

Natali natali.vilic at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:20:52 BST 2012

On Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:42 PM Elizabeth Holden wrote:

>On 5/10/2012 5:14 AM, BlueRose wrote:
>> Second, and more disturbing to me, the implication that you can learn
>> positive
>> self worth development from a book of fiction, a book that is made up out
>> of
>> somebody elses head.
>

>What's wrong with that? How else do we learn?  Is non-fiction philosophy
>any
>less from someone else's head?  Do ideas become more worthy when they are
>verbal rather than written? I don't think so.
>
>I have always found fiction a powerful way to learn about the world in ways
>that normal experience does not encompass.
>
>namaste,
>Elizabeth

We can learn and build ourselves from *everything*. At least I found I can.
Works of fiction are no exception. I like when these make me think about or
re-evaluate my choices, thoughts, actions and/or opinions. Although I
certainly
also like when they support all or any of the above :)

However, I often wonder whether the authors get astounded/appalled/convulsed
(with laughter, or other things), by all that what us readers sometimes so
read
from their books :D

Natali