[LMB] Paladin discussion questions?

Elizabeth McCoy arcangel at prismnet.com
Sun May 13 03:59:32 BST 2012

> Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:43:28 +1200
> from: BlueRose <stacey at xtra.co.nz>

[...]
> And I agree about the like and dislike in the analysis. But my analysis is
> of things like - how well the plot was constructed, how plausible were the
> characters actions,

That's actually got more of "what the reader brings to the text" than you
might think -- "plausibility" of a character's actions is often majorly
dependent on the reader, not the author. I know some people who see
plausibility and agency in Bella from Twilight, while others find her
flat, wimpy, and implausible. The difference is huge, striking -- and
seems to be very much based on the experiences of the readers.

It's true, you don't have to consciously do the analysis... But when
discussing certain scenes/characters/actions with others who have a
differing opinion on the subject, sometimes it's interesting to figure out
why one person thinks X is plausible, and another thinks it's implausible!
O:>

--Beth