[LMB] OT: X-Men: First Class - funniest movie I've seen in a long time

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 17:41:33 BST 2012

>________________________________
>
>While watching the Avengers, I found myself amazed when at the end of Loki's diatribe? tirade? extended name-calling towards Natasha, the last word is one I don't expect to see or hear outside of Victorian erotica. I found myself wondering whether the censors knew what the word was, and then, how much of the audience would. I tried to use it one time at lunchtime Scrabble, and the only other player who knew what it meant had conniption fits.
>
>Starts with a 'q' and was used in place of a derogatory word beginning with 'c'.

A story about my darling daughter.  On the way home from watching The Avengers, I remarked on the use of that word, and was surprised that it was let through. My Darling Daughter asked which word. DH said "it's an archaic word for a really really rude word starting with 'c' and has a 't' in it."

oh, said Darling Daughter "Cute!"

(she knew perfectly well what word DH was implying.)

-becca