[LMB] q-word--I hope this is not very TMI

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Mon May 14 18:55:39 BST 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:31:23AM -0500, Eric Oppen wrote:
> Quoting Antoine Guillaud <antoineperso at gmail.com>:
>
> > Doesn't shock me...
> >
> > But to stay on topic... is Victorian Erotica any good? :)
> >
> Like anything else, some of it is good, some isn't.  I should warn
> you: since the stuff was all equally illegal, the authors didn't
> bother with a lot of our taboos.  Stuff you couldn't put into, say a
> "letters" magazine is routinely published as Victorian porn.

Also noting that worst stuff tends not to get reprinted -- if you
only reprint stuff that continues to appeal to at least _some_
people, you miss out on the bottom of the pile.  Just like any
other form of literature.

Tony Z

--
Saying X = Bad is easy; whats hard is deciding what to do
when you are confronted with X. -- Leigh Butler