[LMB] LMB] q-word--I hope this is not very TMI

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Wed May 16 17:26:38 BST 2012

On 5/13/2012 8:05 AM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
> While watching the Avengers, I found myself amazed
when at the end of Loki's diatribe? tirade? extended
name-calling towards Natasha, the last word is one I don't
expect to see or hear outside of Victorian erotica. I
found myself wondering whether the censors knew what the
word was, and then, how much of the audience would. I
tried to use it one time at lunchtime Scrabble, and the
only other player who knew what it meant had conniption fits.

> Starts with a 'q' and was used in place of a derogatory word beginning with 'c'.
>
> A. Marina Fournier
> SaffronRose at me.com

I finally got around to watching the Avengers (very much a classic
superhero comic book movie, and very well done) and saw what we have
been referring to.  I thought that bit was rather forced.  It seemed as
though Loki was trying to ensure a PG13 rating, as much as it was
genuine vitriol.

Interesting choice of word, for sure, though.

8/10.

=====

MAA