[LMB] Poison Ivy

Michael Voss mfvoss at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 17:04:11 BST 2012

--- On Fri, 5/18/12, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> Why does Dag say that poison ivy
> survives longer around malices than other life (or I suppose
> rocks with ground sense?).    Is poison ivy
> particularly hard to kill?

Great timing in that I finished readig Beguilement a couple of days ago
(and immediately followed with a first re-read of Cetaganda as part
of revisiting the saga about a year after first encountering it).

I would have said, before seeing the solid agreement your guess
has seen, that it was more of a semi-mystical thing, that a plant that
protects itself via a poison somehow equates with intentional evil.
Looks like it could be a lot simpler than that :-)

> (I'm not allergic to poison ivy, so I never paid it much
> mind).

Does one need to have an allergy to it for a reaction to set in?
That would *really* toast my theory, hmmm?

Mike