[LMB] Fwd: nothing you'll dislike

Harimad harimad2001 at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 19:01:54 BST 2012

DW> On Sat, 5/5/12, D W <sucqbus at gmail.com> wrote:
DW> Just how much "realism" do we require in our stories, anyway?

For me the deal-breaker is people acting in ways humans just don't act; and I don't like cardboard or stock characters.  One of my favorite characters in LotR is Boromir, who had the vices of his virtues.

The rest I don't like and make fun of, but can put up with.  Unrealistic economies, stupid political systems (very realistic, alas!), unlikely physics or invisible food supplies[1], I just poke fun at.

- Harimad

[1] Anyone remember the line from DM of the Rings about Aragorn's pack being a leather Tardis?