[LMB] Poison Ivy

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri May 18 19:30:47 BST 2012

On May 18, 2012, at 10:04 AM, Michael Voss wrote:

I would have said, before seeing the solid agreement your guess
has seen, that it was more of a semi-mystical thing, that a plant that
protects itself via a poison somehow equates with intentional evil.
Looks like it could be a lot simpler than that :-)

>> (I'm not allergic to poison ivy, so I never paid it much
>> mind).
>
> Does one need to have an allergy to it for a reaction to set in?
> That would *really* toast my theory, hmmm?

Some snake venoms work via allergic reactions, if I recall correctly.   Just because something uses that mechanism doesn't mean it can't be deadly.

But in our world, something dangerous doesn't have the kind of association with evil that you indicate could be in a world with Malices.   I doubt if Herself planned on having natural plants being evil in her world, and like some of the other explanations listed better.