[LMB] Poison Ivy vs Nasty Creatures

I iosef at gothic.net.au
Sat May 19 19:14:09 BST 2012

At 02:32 AM 5/20/2012, Meg Justus wrote:

>Okay.  To me, anaphylactic shock and death are a subset of allergic.
>Allergic to me can mean anything from causes a rash on up.  For
>instance, I'm also allergic (that's what the doctor called it) to
>sulfa drugs, which cause an irritating rash on my *feet*, of all
>places, but no other symptoms.

As I understand from my allergist there are three "levels" of
allergy, and a sliding scale of sensitivity:
Intolerance leading to nausea, vomiting or mucal build-up. Migraine
triggers usually fall here.
Minor allergy leading to hives/rash. Severe Migraine triggers fall here.
Allergy leading to anaphylaxis.
Sensitivity can range from "a couple of mouthfuls sets it off, to
"someone ate a peanut then touched the doorknob, ring the ambulance
while I get the pen."

My chart looks like someone used an open choke shotgun full of bird shot.

Iestyn