[LMB] OT: so what is Klout?

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sun May 20 23:35:07 BST 2012

On May 20, 2012, at 9:58 AM, Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:

> I failed to understand Friday's _xkcd_ not because of the math, as commonly, but because of the referent.  So what *is* this Klout that the cartoonist wants no part of?
>
> Ta, L.

I had to look it up, especially after John Scalzi's blog about it.   One poster had a link to an animated video of someone who talked about his klout rating in a job interview.   Apparently if you get noticed, you have a high klout rating which is supposed to be prestigious.     I can see something like this working in medium future SF.