[LMB] new Ivan question & speculation

Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan tora.smulders at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:46:55 BST 2012

I just discovered that I could do survey questions from Lois' page on
Facebook, so the first one I sent out was similar to the one I sent to
this list (last week?):

What book(s) do you think are essential re-reads before the new Ivan
book comes out?

(Captain Vorpatril's Alliance:
http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Vorpatrils-Alliance-Miles-Vorkosigan/dp/1451638450)

The responses were:

Cetaganda, Memory, A Civil Campaign -- 57 votes
Vorkosigan Saga -- 39 votes
Warrior's Apprentice, Cetaganda, Brothers in Arms, Memory, A Civil
Campaign -- 16 votes
Cetaganda, Komarr, A Civil Campaign - 2 votes
A Civil Campaign - 2 votes
All of them! -- 1 vote
Cetaganda -- 1 vote
Mirror Dance -- 1 vote
Memory -- 1 vote

A total of 120 votes and people could add their own options --
Vorkosigan Saga was a write-in!
Some fun comments as well, but I won't copy those here. It's a public
page, so if you want, I think you can go check it out with having a
facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/LoisMcMasterBujold

I just posted another today, so not so many votes yet, but I thought
I'd mention it to you all as well:

For fun speculation (I don't know the answer and please don’t spoil us
if you do! -Tora, page admin):

Will Ivan be married or otherwise by the end of the new Ivan book?

(Captain Vorpatril's Alliance:
http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Vorpatrils-Alliance-Miles-Vorkosigan/dp/1451638450)

The responses so far:

1. Ivan will be together forever with his 'true love' by the end of
the book --16 votes. (mine)
2. Ivan will be at loose ends with his love life, but will resolve
life otherwise --14 votes. (mine)
3. Ivan will be married to a woman by the end of the book --7 votes. (mine)
4. Ivan will console himself with a pet cat as he continues to mature
as a person --4 votes. (write-in -- love this one!)
5. Ivan will be married to a man by the end of the book --3 votes. (mine)
6. Ivan will avoid responsibility as normal --1 vote. (write-in --
love this one too, Matthew!)

A total of only 45 votes so far. I'm enjoying this one a lot.  Some of
the comments are fun too.

Anyway, purpose of posting here: twofold -- thought you might enjoy
the results and might enjoy discussing these questions.  Three fold
actually -- procrastination.....

best to all,

Tora, aka Question Apsara, deciding that her role to promote on-topic
discussion may be necessary at the moment... ;-p