[LMB] Where is Cazaril, and what happened to it?

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Thu May 24 16:45:04 BST 2012

At 02:04 PM 5/23/2012, Adam Ek wrote:
>On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Brad Jones <brad at kazrak.com> wrote:
>
>> ... but it seems unlikely that his
>> use of his 'empty title' of Castillar would have gone unremarked if
>> the family had been politically opposed to the dy Jironals.  (Both
>> Martou and Orico refer to him as Castillar when he is falsely
>> accused.)
>>

>IMHO, the "dy Cazaril" part of his name came from the castle his family
>once held. Could the Castillar title be held by anyone who has been
>entrusted with a castle? He did command Gotorget after all.

I would guess that "Castillar" was a hereditary title.  Evidently, no lands were entailed to the title, so it appears that the family had lost its lands during the time that Caz was in service and later enslaved.  He mentions at one point that everything he had done eventually had ended in failure, does he not?

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net