[LMB] The dormant lj communities?

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:01:08 BST 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM,  <beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com> wrote:
>> I've been casually watching the Chalion-Ibra and the Bujold Community live
>> journal blogs and actually wonder why they are there? Chalion-Ibra had a
>> good idea, but hasn't been touched since January. The Bujold Community has
>> a very promising post in February about a forthcoming interview at
>> Finncon, but again, no follow-up. Can anyone throw light on this?
>>
>> Just curious,
>>
>> Pat
>
> A couple of things.  First, just like this list, the LJ community is
> quieter when there haven't been any new books out for a while.  Second, a
> lot of the major participators in Vorkosigan fandom on LJ (Tel,
> Philomytha, etc.) are primarily on Dreamwidth these days,

Er, this is not quite true. I'm primarily on LJ but post very
infrequently. I also post infrequently other places (dreamwidth,
diary.ru), and do not necessarily post the same content in all places.

Along with lmbujold, there is also the bujold_fic community, which is
fanfic-focused but more active. Vorkosigan content shows up on private
journals from time to time.

If people think there should be more content... well, post more content?

-Tel