[LMB] LMB on Kindle Fire and Internet Dropping

Suzan suzanf at embarqmail.com
Mon May 28 02:14:00 BST 2012

Laura Gallagher said [snip] "'Dag'" is an Australian/New Zealand
informal word for an unfashionable or socially conservative person."
[snip] (still a newbie, hope I did that right.)

What I'm luving about having LMB on Kindle is the ability to look up
words and quotes and everything! I read a lot (about 200 pages a day
when it was paper format) so my vocab is pretty good but there are
nuances to the words that I like to look up. LMB taught me "tessellated"
(THANK YOU!) and the quotes at the start of Centaganda is from a real
person! I'd always wondered.

My fire books are from the version of the CD that shipped with the hard
cover of Cryoburn in the US from Amazon. I just couldn't wait. That was
lovely to not have to repurchase but I almost did anyway as I really
really want MORE LMB! "They will value what they pay for" eh? There
seems to be some slight differences in the Fire version and my paper
versions or perhaps it's my mind. I just finished the Dagoola IV
adventure scenes and I thought Suegar died but he doesn't. In general I
run thru everything, read a few of someone else and then run thru
everything again. Only Douglas Adams gets re-read as I can't find
anything new in things I have read before. LMB ALWAYS offers me
something new (or I grow up a bit and bring something new myself).

On the techie internet subject, being in IT myself, home routers are not
designed to be self correcting and as robust as mondo business
equipment. Resetting them (power off, count to 5 and power back on) your
whole home network is the best to work around for this. PCs and other
client equipment off (Kindle's, roku or hulu player, phones, etc).
Router off, Modem off. Count to 5, turn 'em back on in reverse order. We
have to reboot here after a storm too. Quote I'd never thought I'd hear
from my two kids "But he/she is using all the bandwidth Mom, make
him/her STOP!"

Susan Francois