[LMB] Ekaterin in the Liaden universe, sorta.

Elizabeth Stowe estowe427 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:17:01 GMT 2015

Fred Smith: Was just finishing up a re-re-reread of ACC, and this hit me right down
at the end where: Miles introduces Ekaterin to Ghem General Benin as
"Madame Ekaterin Nile Vorvayne Vorsoisson", and the idle thought hit
me that in a while, her name would be "Madame Ekaterin Nile Vorvayne
Vorsoisson Vorkosigan", a Triple-Vor (I bet there aren't very many of
them about, eh?), and in the world of the Clutch Turtles (Liaden
universe) that would be the beginning of a respectably lengthy name,
for one so young!

es: I'm also rereading ACC. What strikes me as unusual is that Ekaterin keeps all her names. My mom was widowed twice and decided which middle names to drop. Why would Ekaterin keep Vorvoisson?